A Letter From the PTO President
Hello Sunset Families,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year!
I hope you had a great, likely very family-focused, summer! My name is Runjhun Goel and I am thrilled to be Sunset Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) President for this school year. I am looking forward to continuing the working partnership we have established with the administration and our amazing teachers and staff, in order to provide an excellent learning experience for our children.
No matter how the 2021-2022 school year will look like, the PTO is committed to supporting our children by enhancing the quality of their education, keeping them engaged and providing opportunities to boost morale. This year will inevitably present many challenges, and now more than ever, our programs are a vital part of reinforcing our connection as a school community.
Some of you may be wondering, "Why should I join and/or support Sunset PTO? What does the PTO do? How can I participate when life is so hectic?"
Here are just a few of the many reasons to join us:
- As an organization, we believe it is important that we do everything we can to enhance the learning environment for our children, as they truly are our future. Let’s work together to make this happen!
- PTO events provide opportunities to meet and connect with other parents and teachers.
- By getting involved, you make your voice heard. Your suggestions and ideas are instrumental in determining the programs and activities that best support our children in their academic pursuits.
- Volunteering with the PTO gives you an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use – and for a good cause! There are no minimum time commitments – whether you’re dropping off a case of Diet Coke (a teacher favorite) for a staff luncheon, creating artwork or posters, or volunteering at an event – we welcome and appreciate your contributions.
- By joining the PTO, not only will you be contributing to our general fund, each family will also have the opportunity to approve the executive board nominations, held in the spring.
While the PTO strives to support an excellent educational year for our students, we would not be able to do it without the help of amazing parents like you, so please consider joining us!
We invite you to attend our first General PTO Meeting of the school year on Wednesday, September 1st at 7:30 p.m.
Whether you’re new or returning, we thank you in advance for your contributions, time, and commitment to our organization, our teachers, and most importantly, our students!
I look forward to getting to know you — perhaps at a meeting, at one of our virtual events and fundraisers, and with any luck, maybe on campus one day soon!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunset PTO President